1. ACTRRA Annual General Meeting - Save the Date: Tuesday 16th November 2021, 7:00pm via Zoom
Despite the gradual easing of lockdown restrictions, it is highly unlikely we can confirm a face-to-face venue that can
cater for anticipated attendance numbers in time for the AGM. Therefore, the meeting will be held using the Rugby
Australia Zoom facility. Should this change, members will be advised accordingly.
2. Presentation Lunch - It was with much regret we had to cancel our Annual Presentation function given the lockdown conditions in the ACT. While it would be a fantastic idea to hold an end of year celebratory function in its place, early indications are there remain too many unknowns with potential venues to make concrete plans. Perhaps something early in 2022 may be possible and might be considered by the 2022 Executive.
As you all know, there were no finals in any of our competitions and thus perpetual named trophies for finals
appointments will not be awarded for 2021. Other named awards have been collated and members will be advised
of recipients in due course. As in 2021, it is anticipated these awards will be presented at the 2022 Pre-season
3. MOPP - Despite a call for nominations, no volunteers were forthcoming to investigate final matters to determine our match official payment matrix. Mike Dowsett kindly volunteered and summarised his considerations which will be
confirmed with Brumbies and ACTJRU as soon as practicable.
4. Penrith Emus - For season 2022, our senior competitions will include teams from the Penrith Rugby Club in Premier 1st and 2nd grade, Colts and Women’s XV’s. This is a great opportunity for Canberra rugby and while there is much work to be done, there will be plenty of opportunities for ACTRRA involvement with Sydney referees.
5. Kit - Once again, I acknowledge our sponsors support during the year. During recent times we have followed a 3-year cycle with our kit and our current arrangement is due to expire at the end of the 2022 Season. The Executive will
commence preparations for the 2023-25 cycle shortly. At the current level of subscriptions, only non-student ACTRRA
members contribute financially to the association, however, all members are provided with an extensive array of on
and off-field kit. The current model of kit purchase leaves a large amount of un-used and unwanted kit that must be
discarded every 3 years. Not only does this represent a waste of limited association funds, but neither is this tenable
in today’s world where waste is a such a significant issue.
The Executive is considering a change to this arrangement. Firstly, the Executive is considering that commencing
with the 2022 season, annual membership fees are free for all members. From 2023, Level 1 and above members
will be provided with all required on-field kit (likely main and alternate jerseys, shorts, socks, AR Flag and as
applicable, Coaches Jacket). These will carry and promote our sponsors and be expected to last three years. Referee
Ready members will continue to be provided with a Yellow Polo. It is proposed that like many ACT clubs, and in
keeping with our parent Union, ACTRU, our Association establish an online portal with O’Neills (TBC). Here, members
can purchase their choice of off-field kit (not limited to polos, warm up and training shirts, tracksuits, hoodies, kit
bags, beanies, hats, singlets, etc etc). It is proposed that the off-field kit is ACTRRA branded only and therefore can
be used indefinitely.
ACT Rugby Referees Association
Please see an example of the O’Neills portal here: https://www.oneills.com/au_en/clubs/rugby-union
The Association thanks all our current Sponsors and looks forward to fostering long term partnerships with you as
we move forward into our next kit cycle. The 2022 Executive will be asked to continue member consultation as our
future kit arrangements are progressed.
6. Asset Register
Peter Langford is collating information and details of all assets owned by ACTRRA. If you know the whereabouts of
any assets such as outstanding comms gear, please let Peter know: email@example.com
7. Social Media
With Buck Rodgers move interstate on Defence posting next year, the Executive is seeking a member who will
formally assume responsibility as the Social Media administrator. This is a crucial role to ensure we get appropriate
information to all members in a quick and easy way. Any volunteers, please send your details to our Secretary, Mitch
Once again, please remember to remain COVID-safe during all your activities. Use the ‘Check In CBR’ or ‘Service NSW’
Apps. For those of you who have not been vaccinated I encourage you to do so. Noting the NSW model of some
activities being restricted to vaccinated individuals, there may be implications for sport in 2022 of which we are yet
unaware. Stay Safe.
Yours in Rugby